ICP Europe: First draft of building renovation investment guidance available for public comment
On 14 September 2015, the Investor Confidence Project Europe released the first of their building Energy Performance Protocols for public comment. The ICP Europe Protocols are an industry best practice assembly of existing European and national building energy renovation standards, practices, and documentation.
Aligned, the documents are supposed to create the necessary data in order to enable:
- investors and owners to manage performance risk and streamline the project diligence process;
- government agencies to streamline renovation programme processes and expedite subsidy disbursement;
- developers and ESCOs to streamline project delivery and increase counter-party confidence in the proposed project.
These first drafts released on 14 September are for use:
- on large tertiary whole-building energy renovation projects that have a project cost over €1 million;
- on standard tertiary whole-building energy renovation projects that have a project cost under €1 million.
The deadline for comment submission is 2 October 2015. On 24 September, at 15:00 CET, a Technical Forum webinar will take place, lasting 1-1.5 hours, where ICP Europe Staff will review the draft protocols, discuss their content and the research that went into them, as well as the next steps on their delivery. Stakeholders interested in participating must be registered for the Technical Forum to receive the meeting reminder and webinar details HERE.
For further information, please visit the relevant ICP Europe website HERE.