What does “energy efficient buildings” mean? What topics/fields does it include?
Energy efficient buildings topic combines knowledge from various fields, such as civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, architecture, and ICT, with the view of building and renovating buildings with efficient energy consumption that are both environmentally friendly and pleasant to live in.
Further to the construction of new energy efficient buildings, we focus also on:
- Retrofit existing buildings
- Reduce operating costs
- Produce energy savings
- Increase effective use of heat and energy
EEB covers the following areas:
- Advanced materials and technologies
- Intelligent monitoring of utilities in buildings
- eEnergy modelling
- Use of natural materials, recycling, eco-design
- Decentralized and renewable energy sources for buildings
- Health and productivity in low-energy houses
- Composite construction systems